I thought i ought to have done this by now...so here it is....from a few posts back... you will have seen my pictures of these tasty treats...and well worth the try! They are delicious!
I did double this recipe to make more.
For the Sponge:
115g butter, softened
115g caster sugar
175g self-raising flour
1 tablespoon milk ( I used Skimmed)
1.5 Packs of Oreos (Use whichever variety suits you..i used original oreos!)
For the Icing:
225g unsalted butter, softened (Room Temp is fine)
5ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
450g icing sugar, sifted
40ml (2.5 tbsp) cold water
1/2 Pack of Oreos (Crushed to put in icing)
Mini Oreos To Decorate (Optional but tasty!)
1) Pre-heat the oven to 180*c and prepare a muffin/cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (Use an electric hand-held mixer to make easy work of this), then add the eggs and whisk in, one at a time until combined. Add the milk, and mix in with a spatula until fully combined with the mixture.
Sift in the flour and fold gently until blended with the wet mixture.
Add 1 and 1/2 packs of crushed Oreos to the mix and fold in until even.
2) Divide the cake mixture between your 12 cupcake cases and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. (Mine took nearer to 15 minutes).
Leave them on a wire rack to cool completely.
3) For the butter cream, beat the butter until soft with a hand mixer. Alternatively, you can use a food processor. Gradually beat in the icing sugar and water together.
Continue beating until frosting is light and fluffy. Towards the end, add the vanilla extract.
Add the left over crushed (not TOO Finely) Oreos are to be mixed into the buttercream for a nice rough and uneven texture (Like rocks almost ; )
4) Spoon the butter cream over the cakes to cover the top of the sponge, and then use a fork to prick the icing up (Almost like a hedgehog) all over.
Place a mini Oreo on top of each to decorate.
5) Have fun eating this one...and make a mess! ; )