Monday 27 September 2010

Atomic Cupcakes are the........BOMB!!!

I hate the word "Bomb" .. But i couldn't find any other fitting words in my very slow working mind this morning....so appologies in advance for the cheesey Amercianised saying ; ) 

As a Cambridge girl, and a HUGE fan of Cupcakes....by now you all will know ( ; ) ... I had heard some very good reviews on a local girl who runs a company called "Atomic Cupcakes" and i was told that i haven't lived until i have tried her concoctions..(Thank you to Aunty Linda for the rave review!)...so i got in touch with Emily, who was just lovely via email.
Very chatty and happy to talk about all things cupcake, which put her in my good books right away ( I love a good old cupcake conversation ; ) 

After a few complications from both sides, we finally agreed on a date and a time to swap my hard earnt pennies for her wares...and it certainly was a fair swap indeed!

I was greeted with a smiley face on a dismal rainy Friday lunchtime (Before i set off for a similar weekend of camping!), and she let me peek inside the cute cupcake box and she ran through everything that she had made for me.....And what a selection it was!.....

.....Red Velvet Cupcakes with green icing, and a very (Cute?!) white chocolate skull on the top. This made me think straight away about the lovely Romsey Roller Billies who i had trained with earlier this year to learn to skate (And failed miserably after injuring my back!), and i thought to myself that i was sure that these had appeared somewhere in their list of events previously... it made me smile. I love the unique spin on this popular american recipe, which i have never tried before. Delicious. Not as sweet as i had imagined. Go for this if you are not a big fan of sugary sweet cupcakes!

.... Banoffee.... A Delicious Banana flavoured sponge, which looked as though fresh banana had been used, and you could tell. This was not a heavy flavour, as some banana cupcakes can be! And the toffee middle was a welcome surprise as we bit into this gooey cupcake. My fiance is a Banoffee fiend...so he was VERY happy indeed! I enjoyed looking closely at the perfect sponge and being in awe of it! Mine always become so dense, but this was light and you could see through the holes in it... jealousy here i must admit!

....And then i have to mention the most devine cupcake out of them all! The Black Bottom Cupcake with Strawberry swirl Buttercream. What can i say?! This was the BEST cupcake i have tasted so far!
(And i said that last week about a certain other cupcake...but my mind has been changed since then!)
Wow. This i could eat for Breakfast, Lunch AND Dinner (If i were allowed to do so haha!). The sponge was chocolate mixed with a cheesecake-y mix, and on top was the tasty buttercream swirled with what tasted like strawberry jam, which just gave it the most enjoyable taste. I am such a sucker for these now! My favourite of the selection by far! And i think my fiance will second this decision!

.... Not forgetting the deceivingly light Carrot Cupcake... this had a slight spice to the sponge and to the icing and worked so well. After my small third of a carrot cupcake last week, this made me very happy to see.... and it did not disappoint! The lighter of the selection, and very simple sponge and icing combo, yet looked so beautiful decorated with it's sprinkles and glitter (As they all did!).

....Lastly...and sounding very piggy indeed aren't we?! haha (We did pace it over 3 days ; ) .... The Malted Cupcake
 Emily had asked me if there were any cupcakes i have always wanted to try and hadn't...this was made ESPECIALLY for me to try. Emily, you are a STAR. This worked. Not too sweet, yet again delicious.
Admitedly, i ate this for breakfast on Sunday morning hehe...Camping in the cold rain and wind woke me up with an appetite for something sweet to stop me from shivering!
Topped with a delicious chocolate frosting and a malteaser to decorate. The gold glitter set this off nicely.

I can see WHY Atomic Cupcakes were highly reccomended to me. Not only do Emily's Cupcakes TASTE amazing...they LOOK amazing too!
Decorated in fun and beautiful glitters and decorations, which would appeal to every child (Old or young!!!), and should be tried to be believed!
Great price, i have paid triple the cost of these beauties in Cambridge, and not received anything as unique or tasty as these!

If you are needing a cupcake fix, go straight to Atomic Cupcakes... You will not regret it!
(http://www.atomiccupcakes.co.uk/)


















Jo
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment