Sunday 15 August 2010

Lavender & Lemon Wedding Cupcakes....Strrreeeeesssss!

Ok..So i make Cupcakes for fun, and i somehow thought it would be a nice thing to offer to make my friends wedding cupcakes to take some stress off their shoulders! Well.... i gave myself plenty of time, and got making them, and freezing them to be REALLY organised!
They wanted a mix of Lavender (Which i made and froze right away) and then half Lemon...which again, i was organised and made and froze.
I thought i would count them to check that i had made the 100 that i need...... I got to 99, then re-counted to make sure i had gotten the *One* i had missed. 99 again..... GRRRR haha.
So now i have to make one more batch to get that ONE cupcake i missed....just my luck, but not a problem.

I sat down last night and decided to try my hand at purple vanilla buttercream....and it took me half an hour to get the colour right....blimey! This is harder than i thought it would be....how hard honestly can it be to make the colour purple??? Blue and Red.... right.....but how much of each? ..... This is quite the science! It really is!!!

I did give a few a go at icing, and came up with some really BAD icing skills.... why is that when i am making cupcake for fun i get the most amazing looking cupcakes? But when i am making 100 for a friends WEDDING...for people i don't know to eat (!), that they go so wrong and i get upset because they are looking like something a 3 year old has decorated? haha.....

My partner, Duncan has said that they look great, and once they are all in cases and mixed up on a stand they will look GREAT.... i know he is right....and i know my friends are not expecting a professional cupcake (As i am far from it!) but i still feel that i want these to look fantastic..... 6 days to go and i am sure it will be fine...... : s

Watch this space!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment